This is their sketch:
Supplies & notes:
- This was one of those projects that came together in a miraculous instant: I had the new stamp from Hero Arts, already inked with MementoLuxe and fussy-cut, and I was like, "I can use her as the vertical element for the Dutch challenge!" Boom.
- I masked off four horizontal stripes and decided to use a Heidi Swapp stencil with Teresa Collins modeling paste over it. I guess I could have given the four horizontal elements more definition, but alas: it's art...
- Initially, I used the following Distress Paints with sub-par results: Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, and Bundled Sage. So I said, "Forget that," and got nasty with the following Distress Stains: Antique Pewter, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, and Peeled Paint. Oh, then I sprayed it with Distress Spray Paint in Picket Fence.
- I painted Kelly Jo (I named her after one of my besties, who she looks like) with the stains I had out.
- The sentiment came up as I was texting the real Kelly Jo, who corrected me after I said I named the stamp simply "Kelly"... see what you get?