Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sketch Saturday #375

Woohoo!: this is my second-ever, second-in-a-row Sketch Saturday (current challenge):


And here is my card...


 ...and a close-up to show the sheen...


Well, crap. I've been screwing cards up left and right.   Smudging, over-inking, going the complete wrong direction.   This is no exception.  But it's the concept that counts,  right? !

A friend bought this stamp for me... she's a science nerd also... so I embossed it and doodled some chemical bubbles with an embossing pen,  then mixed pewter and black embossing powders. Thennnnn... I had the bright idea of daubing the empty corners with Tim Holtz's daubers in Bundled Sage... too pale.  So I added a dauber of Black Soot. Oh no. The slippery slope.  So I tried to add glitter. Wiped that off. Freaking added Stickles in Black Diamond. Done. 

More specific supplies:
  • The lab-rat stamp is Inkadinkado
  • Recollections and Custers Last Stamp embossing powders (actually left over from my card for The Kraft Journal's challenge
  • Emboss Writer is Zig



2 comments:

  1. I love your one layered card and your clever take on the sketch! Great image and no matter what you think (or how many mess-ups), your card is fabulous! Your inking is fun and brings out your image! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Cathy SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool smudgy look, great effect! This card is gender neutral, works for both men and women, I love that about a card...

    ReplyDelete