I was very excited to see this week's Kraft Journal Challenge: Anything Goes With Birds! My only trouble was narrowing down what style I wanted to go with. I have this problem where I buy anything from clothing to crafting supplies that has to with birds, and so it makes the crafting even more challenging: How to decide?
Instead of staying gridlocked, I just kind of used supplies that were laying out, and then I grabbed my go-to bird crafting accessory: a field guide purchased just for cuttin' and craftin'. I've been "into" black and gold lately so I chose a sweet (as in super-bada$$) Least Storm Petrel-- looks so dark and awesome.
I did not add a sentiment. In fact, for many of my bird cards I don't add sentiments because, really, the cards could be used for anything from birthdays to thanks to sympathy... depending on the bird, of course :)
- Core'dinations black paper
- Pink paper from K & Company
- Liquid Leaf (gold) painted onto the kraft
- Viva Pearl Pen in Anthracite
- Heidi Swapp stencil with some gold Krylon spray paint (what can I say? It works well and it was within reach!)
- I use a copy of the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America. I know it should be underlined, but I'm completing this from my phone... gimme a break! (My MIL is an author and ex-English teacher... I get worried she'll read it and shake her head! Haha)