Hello, and happy September!
This fortnight's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is a color challenge! I love these!
This is the color palette (and beautiful picture):
Here's my card based on the palette.
- Heidi Swapp stencil from 6 years ago. Well, this packet was actually sold as laser-cut papers but I've used them as stencils and they've held up rather well!
- Color Bursts in the following colors: Chartreuse, Wisteria, and Burnt Orange.
- I used some of Tim Holtz Mini Greenery diecut years ago.
- The roses were originally white, bought in bulk a few years ago. I dyed them using orange alcohol ink.
- I sprayed the entire card using some Tattered Angels shimmering spray acquired years ago from Tuesday Morning,
- The sentiment banner was made using a scrap of white paper (off-cut from a card) and brushing it using Finetec Gold. (If you like to watercolor, I recommend buying Finetec metallic paints! I use them at least once a week. At least!) This was popped up using 3M dimensional adhesive.
- As a final touch, Nuvo Drops were added. I may have omitted them in hindsight. I don't have as good of luck with Nuvo Drops as I used to with Liquid Pearls...
- Mounted the whole panel onto a scrap of some of Tim Holtz' paper. I bought this single sheet years ago and it's kind of a nice textured grey.
Thanks for visiting! Be sure to check out the rest of the Shopping Our Stash crew for some beautiful inspiration.