Tuesday, August 4, 2020

SOS 426: KISS (Keep It Simple, Sister!)

Hello!  

Teammate Donna has cooked up the perfect challenge for us: Keep It Simple, Sister!

The world is so crazy,  a nice simple challenge was what I needed... thanks, Donna!

Here's my simple card:



Supplies:
  • Rubbernecker Stamps owl "Preston" bought in 2018 at the stamp expo in Sacramento, CA... never been inked.  Hard to believe because he is so cute!
  • Sentiment from a Richard Garay pack that had a beard... I bought it last year from Tuesday Morning. 
  • I used Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers with a waterbrush (because the markers leak now...) in Reef and Sand
  • I also used Tombow markers from my only Tombow set: the pastels! (I almost bought more Tombows Saturday but told myself NO since I don't use the ones I have enough... now can I???)
  • Also used a couple Spectrum Noir pens for the steam and the shadowing to balance Preston.  I love the grey set of Spectrum Noirs, and recommend them to everyone.   I purchased mine years ago from JoAnn's (I think) but saw some sets at Tuesday  Morning recently for $5.99... good buy!
  • Glossy Accents for the eyes
  • Fiskars clipper for the corners
Thanks for visiting! 

Go check out my teammates at Shopping Our Stash, and join us for this simple challenge!  

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable image and I love how you've colored him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS is pretty much the ULTIMATE challenge for me... but you've done brilliantly! not to mention brilliant stash usage. and yes, you can buy more tombows now. they are my waterbased marker of choice, last forever, have the two tips which is ideal for coloring and handlettering... :) (consider yourself enabled, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your design is the epitome of CAS! Great job!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!! I love love love love love love that owl!!!!
    You have ROCKED the CAS sistah!

    ReplyDelete