Here we are... another Tuesday and Shopping Our Stash has a brand new AWESOME challenge: geometric patterns! Our hostess Chris would like to see some rad crafters using geometric patterns in their crafting! So let's do this!
Here is my library card art:
- Library catalog card base painted with excess Jane Davenport Mermaid Marker Ink.
- I then put down Tim's Diamonds stencil and traced a few triangles here and there with a black Micron and then colored them in with Mermaid Markers
- I traced the edge of the card loosely with a black fine-point Sharpie just to contain it.
- For more geometric goodness, I used an old paper Heidi Swapp triangle stencil and added some Liquitex gel texture with glass beads-- definitely a stash item... I do not use this nearly enough.
- The yarn was from my scrap fiber jar.
- Tim's photobooth couple provides a great image for the quote, cut from an old discarded Nancy Drew book (I think... or some old discarded mystery reader... that's all I can remember because I read the old books as I cut them up! I know it was an old youth-lit mystery!) I adhered the quote with some Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.
- Oh wait: the photobooth couple was cut out, distressed, and inked with Distress Alcohol Ink Mixative in Gold thinned with Distress lending Solution.
- In the spirit of SOS, I used a stamp that I don't think has ever seen ink... It was from a clearance Recollections set, and it says "No.___"... I inked it with Spiced Marmalade DI and stamped out a few times here and there.
- For the final touch, a little symbolism: I added the diamond as a nod to the engagement of the couple, but tucked it behind the picture to symbolize the secret nature of it!
Hope you enjoy the piece, but if this is not your cup of tea, visit my teammies at SOS and they will certainly have incredible geometric inspiration! Happy Tuesday. Here's to a nice slow summer week...