This week at Shopping Our Stash, I am the hostess and I chose the theme Christmas in July!
Here is my stashy card:
|View in the sunshine...|
|View in the shade...|
|This image shows the warped panels due to Dimensional Magic on thin Canson paper... but more importantly... the snowflakes!!!|
|Trying to show more glittery love... ahhh, the elusive craft-shot of glitz...|
- The "house" was made first by inking a piece of Canson Mix Media paper with Shabby Shutters DI through Tim's Stripes stencil. I stamped Tim's small snowflakes inked with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with Ranger Letter It embossing powder in Bridal Tinsel (used only once before). Then I inked the edges with Antique Linen DI.
- The "house" was then mounted on a scrap of green glitter cardstock originally from a DCWV pad called "Serenity" I believe.
- The door and sentiment were stamped using a never-been-used set by Inkadinkado, inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black.
- The door was colored using Barn Door DI and Tim's waterbrush.
- I sketched the windows using an 005 Micron, colored them with Stormy Skies DI and a waterbrush, then added Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to all windows (including on the door panel).
- The garland adorning the top and the wreath was made using Elmer's Craft-bond glue and Peeled Paint Distress Glitter (YUM... love is so much). There are touches of Stickles in Xmas Red (this is so stashy-- this was my very first tube of Stickles ever, and I have been on the l"last drop" for two years... amazing how far you can stretch a product when you are about out! Same goes fro my Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, though I noticed during this project that it is starting to yellow-- time for new.)
- The sentiment was just cut into a banner by hand, then I added some Antique Linen DI
- I added new and never been used glittery Stickles to the windows and sentiment... not stashy, but glad to use it! I used up my last tube and went without it for some time.
- The bushes were the best: I used a tiny scrap of silvery-gold glitter paper and inked it with Ranger Distress Alcohol Inks in Meadow and Oregano then cut it was parts of a Crafter's Companion die of oak trees. I wish the pictures did it justice!
This was fun to make. Very sparkly IRL.
Please join us at the SOS page!
Have a great week.