This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are celebrating Halloween!
Halloween is my favorite... absolute favorite. We decorate our home October 1st, but in reality, a lot of our Halloween decorations stay up year-round.
For these SOS challenges, I really make an attempt to use items that haven't been used ever, recently, or often enough. This tag has a lot of elements on it that I might not usually grab, but I reminded myself to look through my supplies and ended up finding those cool grey-pearl brads and other things, listed below, that haven't seen the light of day for a long time.
Supplies and notes:
- The base tag was made last year and was in my Halloween box
- I mixed Liquitex gesso with Chocolate Truffle Magicals... it oddly turned grey... and I added it to the tag
- Painted the edges with Finetec watercolor in Sterling Silver. This is what I'd consider another stash item-- completely hoarded. I waited a long time to order these awesome watercolors because they are expen$ive, but now I, like, covet them...
- The arch panel is a Tim Holtz die, painted with Liquitex gesso in black then stamped with Tim Holtz's doily stamp (which I do not use often enough) in the Distress embossing ink then embossed with old Custers Last Stamp clear embossing powder
- The panel was affixed to the tag base with brads that have been in my stash for years-- I can't even picture the set they came from.
- A bit of cheesecloth was then glued to the arch and the wooden skull piece wasset on top. The skull came from Michael's (I think) last fall.
- The eyelash trim at the bottom was purchased on clearance a month ago at Michael's and the red tinsel trim was from a gift-wrapping display at a local market last holiday season.
- The red flowers at the top started out with the flowers from THIS project. I sprayed them heavily with Dylusions spray in Pomegranate Seed (after I sprayed it all over my face and ran to the bathroom, all the while scrubbing with a baby wipe and screaming, LOL... not really funny...) then I added some Glossy Accents to the centers and sprinkled with some Stampendous glass glitter (something I hoard...)
- The dark flowers were originally white, bought in bulk. I sprayed them about 18 months ago with Rustoleum hammered spray so they look all rusty and crusty and dark.
- The banner at the bottom is from a Tim Holtz die bought in August but not used yet. I cut it from a library catalog card then inked it with Black Soot DI, then did a little spritz'n'flick for the droplets. I added the words and accent lines with Micron pens. I popped it up with 3M dimensional adhesive.
Thanks for dropping by... happy haunting!