This week's AWESOME challenge at Shopping Our Stash is...
-Duck, Duck, Goose-
Use a bird, or birds, and/or a feather, or feathers!
Okay, I have to just say my piece: you guys be nice if you are joining up, and just know that I will probably be creating a shopping list for all of the bird and feather paraphanelia you show off. I might even be willing to buy it off of you. I am kind of a bird nerd. Or bird freak. Story time below...
Here's my finished project:
Here are a few pictures of the journey:
Supplies and notes:
- I used a 2016 calendar from Autumn to make my bird-day-- I mean birthday-- calendar
- Coated the calendar cover with white Liquitex gesso
- Dabbed various Distress Paints around then blended together with my fingers and partially heat-dried and sun-dried
- Stamped designs and patterns using Andrea's stamps with Tim's Mixed Media Ground Espresso ink
- Splattered with white gesso
- Added a bird from an old "Discover Birds" sticker book-- it's pre-sticker, really: it's lick 'n' stick like old stamps!
- Sealed the project with matte Mod Podge
- The trim/page marker is made from old cotton cording, dyed with various coordinating Adirondack alcohol inks
Enjoy your crafting, and watch birds! Both are good for your health!
For more inspiration, please go visit the gals at Shopping Our Stash! See you there!