This is a project made for the current Shopping Our Stash challenge which is...
Emboss like a boss! We'd like to see wet and dry embossing!
This was a great stash-shopping challenge for me-- I do not use my embossing folders nearly enough, though I always notice when other people use them!
- The card base was actually made a long time ago (two years?) and embossed with old embossing powders over an old Stampin' Up stamp from the Grunge pack (my first SU! stamp set). I clipped the corners of this card with a regular hole-puncher.
- Scotch black glitter tape layered across card base
- The charcoal panel was embossed using a Darice embossing folder that Autumn sent me about two years ago... I think it was fall of 2015. I added some gems to the corners of the embossed panel.
- The raven stamp is by Stampendous and was inked with Versamark in Champagne then heat-embossed with Recollections EP. I popped that panel up using 3M foam tape.
- The funeral bunting was made using some old seam binding from a neighbor. I just ran a stitch along the edge and pulled it.
- Vintage black seam binding
Along with the fabulous team at SOS, I'd like to also share this with the folks at Addicted to Stamps & More for the current Holidays challenge.
Speaking of the fabulous team at SOS, go check those girls out!
Love this, great stash bustin' too. I love using efs. and they even look good on patterned paper.ReplyDelete
This card is so beautiful, the image of the Raven is just like I imagine it would be on that classic Edgar Allan Poe poem.ReplyDelete
The beautiful font on this image looks amazing heat embossed.
Ohhhhhhhhhh you totally embossed like a boss!ReplyDelete
This has a serious old-world feel and look to it, and I love the raven wearing the big hat! It looks fantastic embossed on that great script paper! And the funeral bunting is a genius idea too! Fabulous creation from your stash!ReplyDelete
Absolutely gorgeous layers! The ribbon is so elegant here and I've always loved this image. You used it beautifully. Love the embossing folder layer and that bunting! Wow! Hugs, AutumnReplyDelete
cool embossing in Black and so tidyReplyDelete
I do embossing with Black powder and it messy my white card stock oh ooh and you did it so easy and tidy
Love the result Mimi