This week at Shopping Our Stash, we want you see some GREEN!
Here is my non-St.Patrick's Day card, though I do LOVE this holiday:
- The main panel is a piece of hoarded packing kraft from a textbook shipment. It was coated roughly with Liquitex gesso and then inked wth a mix of Ken Oliver's Colorbursts and Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals. It lived on my desk until this challenge cane along.
- The coral garden was fussy-cut from a child's ocean guide from the early 1960s.
- I found the quote by Jules Verne and wrote it out with a Faber-Castell Pitt pen
- The kraft background was decorated using an old Fiskars stamp set (used maybe twice in five years?), stamped and embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang EP in Oakleaf Olive from the Industrial Chic collection.
- I also cut some seaweed/coral using Tim's Mini Holiday Greens and some decade-old K & Company paper
- The main panel was popped up with dimensional tape
- Liquitex glass bead gel was added in a few places for some tiny-bubble effect.
- Pebeo sand texture was added at the bottom of the panel... this is definitely a stash item-- don't use it often, but when I want it, there's no substitute!
Join us at Shopping Our Stash... feel the satisfaction of using the supplies you have and love but don't use often! Or maybe items you bought and have not used yet!
And... Happy St. Patrick's Day!
This piece of art is absolutely awesome!! Love all the wonderful details you included on this project!ReplyDelete
i could not for the life of me figure out how you got the quote ON TOP of the textural background, but you HAND LETTERED it in that fabulous font??!?! i totally bow down to your amazing pen skills!!! (& all other allround craftification, as well!) <3 <3 <3ReplyDelete
I love this!!! The quote, the penmanship, the tucked in elements and graphics - pure joy on paper! Such a fabulous make. Hugs, AutumnReplyDelete
Wonderful verse, beautiful creation, xxxxReplyDelete
This is just, wow. So you wrote the sentiment yourself. This time I was sure you'd used a stamp, the quality is impressive. It's a beauty of a card!ReplyDelete
This is such an amazing creation! Your hand-written sentiment is heartfelt and perfectly matches the beautiful elements which lie beneath the ocean! Impressive indeed!ReplyDelete