This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are encouraging you to create a card (or craft item) in a shape other than a circle or a square!
Here's what I came up with:
- Heidi Swapp butterfly mask used to trace shape onto the card
- Wings, banner, and heart cut from scraps
- Stitching (... poor stitching...) on wings
- Edges of pieces inked with DI in Gathered Twigs
- Picture from one of Tim's 8x8 stacks. I wiped it with some matte Collage Medium and daubed it with some thinned gold Adirondack mixative-- was going for the aged photo look with the metallic chemicals
- The red tinsel trim came from a local store from the holiday section
- Metal flower from an old BasicGrey collection, inked with some gold Adirondack mixative
- Viva Paper Pen dots in Anthracite
- Antenna are Wilton stamen inked with Adirondack alcohol ink in Mushroom
- I typed the quote over a year ago... found it in my stash.
Looking forward to the inspiring projects you guys post... and speaking of inspiring, let's go check out what the rest of the talented SOS Design Team made using items in their stashes!
Here's to you guys!
Such a fun design, Mimi! I love the studded heart and the way you altered the photo! Cool! Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
Mimi, I've always admire your incredible talent when it comes to making your cards, the fabulous array of details, colors and textures you so masterfully add to your panels are something I aspire to do one day but I'm worried that I will end up with a pile of stuff that do not make any sense at all. You always know how to pair and combine items on the small space of your cards to make them look fabulous.ReplyDelete
Beautiful butterfly card, my dear.
I second what Maria said (rather than repeat it) Gorgeous Butterfly card. your projects are always so eye appealing. Fab. job.ReplyDelete
I third what Maria said! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!ReplyDelete
OH! MY!! GOSH!!!!!!!! talk about a "flight of fancy"! totally breath-taking... the idea... the ingredients... (& of course the finished product is amazing!)ReplyDelete
Gorgeous butterfly mask! I agree with all the comments on this fabulous project. You chose a unique shape!ReplyDelete
AMAZING!!! So much thought to detail on this! Absolutely beautiful!!ReplyDelete
You've put some things on here I'd never thought of using in combo with a butterfly shaped card. It makes your design original, interesting and it's so pretty!ReplyDelete
This is stunningly gorgeous!!
Fab take on the challenge!
Mimi, What a pretty card.... and crazy creative shape! Thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog. :)ReplyDelete
Mimi you are sooo creativeReplyDelete
love this butterfly and all the embely on it
cute cute and someone will be so happy to get this
great made again Mimi