Sunday, January 29, 2017

A subtle nod to chickens

This was made quickly for a family friend battling cancer.  She has a cold, which is miserable on top of everything else she is going through.  This will brighten her day... I noted in the card that the feathers are a nod to her beloved chickens!



Vintage Bingo card colored wth Ken Oliver Color Bursts through a Julie Fei-Fan Balthzar feather stencil about a month ago-- well, this is actually a monoprint from that technique.  The beautiful diecut and embossed pearly-taupe feathers were a gift from Pia.  I adhered them using Elmer's spray adhesive.

I'd like to share this at Simon Says Stamp on Monday: Spread Your Wings... a reference to the fairly-flightless birds!

4 comments:

  1. You've put my feathers to good use and for a good cause. I also like the artsy feather background and how it adds color to this design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Such a cool look to the bingo card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Mimi! I love how you are always using your mad skillz to help other people have a more beautiful day! And I really like what you've done here! The color bursts through the feather stencil are so vibrant! And as always, I love the way you incorporate retro-vintage-just-plain-cool ephemera into your pieces. Things have been nutso on my end of the universe, but I'm so glad I had some time to peruse your posts again! I feel inspired!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi I love that feather in gold
    and the BG is fantastic!!
    I think I got that die cutting from Mimi
    and Lovely card you made this time and I feel so manly...am I right?

    ReplyDelete