My tags are for the fancy beers my husband gives his coworkers every Christmas:
|The metallic Dstress Stain was actually very effective in making these festive.|
|The beer is called "Reason for the Season" and it has trees on the label... sorry I didn't get a picture of it.|
Supplies and notes:
- 7 Gypsies tags bought last summer when I forgot library cards on a trip out of town
- Red and green twine from the dollar store last winter
- Vintage Photo and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains... probably a couple years old each. I inked them onto the craft mat then added water and smooshed. (I wanted to do a starry-snowy sky with Chipped Sapphire and Brushed Pewter, but the hubs wrinkled his nose like that would be too froo-froo... he wanted the aged look. Fine. For the record, he also wanted basic hemp twine, but I over-rode that and added the festive red and green. Ha.)
- The trees were cut using a brand new die out of Crate Paper from years ago, adhered to the tags with Mod Podge my sis bought me for Christmas last year. Oh, I also edged the trees with Frayed Burlap DI just for a bit of dimension.
- The "Cheers" stamp is from a Target set from a few years ago inked with Vintage Photo from the Mixed Media palette.
I hope you join us... make some tags! (If you want to see some truly pretty work, go check out my SOS sisters... they are the bomb!)