Sunday, March 17, 2019

Town Mouse... Country Mouse

Honored to be invited to join Library Challenge!  Gosh... so busy with real life and haven't been to the craft shack in weeks, but always fun to play along.   It's what I wish I could do 24/7.

This week,  Marina is celebrating three story of the Town Mouse and the Country Mouse.  This reminds me of my best friend Sarah and I: she lives in the city and i live in the country.


I hope y'all enjoyed this.   It was fun make.

Supplies:

  • Kraft paper folded into a heart gate-card
  • I used a piece of arted-on paper that had some acrylic paint and miscellaneous stamping and cut it to fit on the card base, then glued it using mod-podge and holding it flat with a large acrylic block
  • For the country side, I added a pre-diecut treeline (by Tim Holtz) and added Stickles
  • For the town side, I used a scrap of paper previously used to clean my brush and made a city skyline and used Black Diamond Stickles
  • Tim's paper dolls represent my bestie and me
  • Tim's Quotations give the perfect sentiment: my bestie and I are happy in either the city or the country! 


Xoxo, Mary
(Thanks for having me,  Marina!)

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly express how fabulous I think this is! What a totally different take - not a mouse in sight and yet so perfect for the challenge theme. I love the collage style - so much detail and interest. I'm sorry about the late posting ...a lesson in future to check my 'junk' folder in my email inbox...it's certainly not junk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Mimi! What a clever take on the theme, Jo x

    ReplyDelete