Tuesday, March 26, 2019

SOS 392: ATC (Coin or Card)

This week at Shopping Our Stash, the Fabulous Donna is our host and she chose the rad theme of ATCs!  You can do an Artist Trading Card or an Artist Trading Coin

Donna and I swapped ATCards monthly during 2018, and this year we are exchanging ATCoins.  I love making ATCoins and ATCards-- for some reason, instead of feeling limited by their small size I feel more free to get crafty with my supplies!  I feel free to just get artsy and goofy and go with instinct and follow visual cues during the process.

Here is my project (which I get to exchange with Maria-- the Yellow Rose of Texas being my inspiration!)

Supplies:

  • ATCoin cut from a scrap of packaging
  • ATCoin then coated with some excess black Liquitex gesso
  • Tim's Roses stencil used with modeling paste over top
  • Roses colored with a Mustard Seed Distress Crayon and rubbed in
  • Lemon imagery cut from an old dictionary and glued on using matte Distress Collage Medium 
I hope you get a chance to join us, and spread the joy by finding someone to exchange with!

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I can smell the lemon!!!
    Your ATC is just gorgeous!!
    I am so happy that we decided to keep swapping for 2019!
    I love the happy mail and adding your seriously awesome pieces of art to my collection!
    Thanks for the fab idea of swapping among the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty! Maria is very lucky. You and Donna have a great thing going. I will need a little more practice before I can swap with people. But my grandson took all the coins I created to share with his classmates. Your work is always so creative and unique. I have a Mimi drawer in my studio that holds all the wonderful items you have sent me!
    Hugz!
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Mimi! Love all the dimension you've got going on, and of course the yellow rose of TX nod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi, this coin is gorgeous indeed, I'm so lucky to receive a coin from you my dear.
    Love the black background for this amazing rose, the little lemons just add even more delicious visual enjoyment.
    I'm so blown away by this new, (to me) and amazing form of art, how can it be that I never heard about it!!!
    I'm seriously in love with it and my head is filled with all kinds of designs and textures, I'm going to keep making these cards and I will try making the coins too.
    Mimi, I will put your card in the mail tomorrow.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bath Bomb ingredients DIY Kit
    Basic ingredients for making Bath bombs.
    Sodium Bicarbonate and Citric acid sold in the correct ratio of 2:1
    You can also add Epsom salt to add more therapeutic minerals to your bath.

    ReplyDelete