This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are going back to basics with regard to cutting... let's fussy-cut!
Fussy-cutting in this corner of Blogland means to cut something out specific to the design. It is used with paper cutting and with quilting/fabricworks.
I most commonly fussy-cut birds, but I had these folks in my stash, and... well... how could I walk away?
Here's my fussy-cut couple:
- Library card bases coated with matte Mod Podge and covered with old patterns in a strategically wrinkled fashion
- The folks from the pattern pack were fussy-cut and adhered with more Mod Podge matte
- The tiny bits of information from the pattern were attached with Distress crazing medium
- Tim's stitching stamps used around the edges
- The twine is ancient
- "YOLO" (LOL) was added with Thickers... multiple years old.
Now, what the heck am I going to do with these? They can't be separated! Maybe give on a gift set of red and white wine? Rum and coke? Tequila and margarita mix? I'm totally open to suggestions!
Now, do yourself a favor and go check out the rest of the SOS team... let's see whose hands cramped up the most during this fussy-cutting project!