Sunday, June 4, 2017

Tag card: graduation

Here's a card for a high school graduator with an interest in going to art school:

Supplies:
  • Ranger tag (from Joan, thanks!) sprayed with Distress Stain spray in Picket Fence
  • Andrea's/Snapping Monsters' palette stamp inked with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with Recollections clear EP 
  • Color Bursts in primary colors, hoping for a more pronounced palette effect... it's subtle, but decent.  I also added water flecks for some mottling.
  • Seth Apter circle stamps and generic school clock stamp inked with Ranger Archival 
  • Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite
  • Signo white pen accenting Andrea's stamp
  • Quote from am old book, affixed with Distress Collage medium in matte 
  • Twine from my stash... unsure if this is Martha Stewart or generic...
  • The last thing I did was add some Liquitex gesso with my finger to add to the artsy-look
I'll share this at Simon Says Stamp on Monday: Going around in circles

7 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! Wow, you are on a roll this week! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at my girl in the SSS spotlight!!! So happy for you!!!

      Delete
  2. MIMI! You know I love this card and not just because I'm biased about the stamps you used! It looks just plain cool. Love how you made the color wheel in white. The structure of this is also totally original. You are a genius-- no doubt about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a typical graduation card, but indeed personal and according to the graduate's dreams and plans for the future. This is one of the greatest things about making your own cards, you can better suit them to the person rather than having to go for a more mainstream, traditional style card from a store...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure the inspire the graduate, it's just terrific and I admire that it's a tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exceedingly cool card, Mimi! And I'm so happy to see your card recognized in the Spotlight at SSS! WooHoo! You GO girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete