Tuesday, June 27, 2017

SOS: The lazy days of summer

Happy summer!

This week, the Shopping Our Stash team wants to see how you plan to spend the lazy days of summer, or at least how you would like to spend them!

I have already spent a couple days in the sun with a drink in my hand...
summer in the Sierra Nevada is the BEST place to be!
Here's a close-up... don't compare mine to my teammie, Deena!  She's good!

Supplies:
  • Image by Art Impressions inked with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black on Strathmore watercolor paper.  I own only a few cartoony stamps, and they are all humorous... but I don't use them often because I am not patient enough to color!  LOL!
  • Lady "painted" using my oldest waterbrush (Tim's) using DIs in Barn Door, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, and Crushed Olive.  I added metallic detail with a gel pen I bought at the book fair at school two years ago. 
  • The background is Broken China and Scattered Straw
  • Watercolor panel mounted on a yellow scrap of paper from a thrift-store stationary set
  • Striped paper is from a DCWV pad, pre-cut from a different project
  • Pink paper by Core'dinations-- in the stash for a couple years at least
  • Flowers added by using my most recent punch purchase: Fiskars.  This was probably a year ago.  Black Diamond Stickles added to the flowers.
Join us!  This is the perfect opportunity to use stash items to make a card to send a summer greeting to a buddy! 

6 comments:

  1. absolutely LOVE THIS, miss mimi!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very different from your usual style, but I absolutely love this too. So fun! Great use of colored panels for that extra summery feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, awesome watercolouring. of course the image is hilarious and how I would like to spend some time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mimi, when did you take this picture of me??!!! Don't I look gorgeous? ha ha!!!
    this images from Art impressions are absolutely fabulous, your background is awesome and perfect for this fabulously looking, mature gal.
    Awesome and fun.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awesome comment on my card using this lady but making iced coffee. Your card is awesome. Colored wonderfully. She was fun to create with huh? I love the added flowers. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhh fab card Mimi
    Hopefully the rain will end here soon so we can enjoy some sunshine - although my plants and flowers this summer are GIGANTIC!!

    ReplyDelete