Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Coffee Lovers #2

...and here's the second card.  This actually happened hours after the first one... I came back to the scrap shack and liked the first one so much that I started this one:

Supplies:
  • Tim's collaborative kraft-core by Core-dinations (the purple paper)
  • Paper from one of Tim's pads... my husband was talking to his cousin who lives in the East Village, so I was thinking "New York"... anyway, I added some Rusty Hinge to this sheet and spritzed it.
  • Coffee mug drawn on Strathmore watercolor paper and painted with Color Bursts and generic brown acrylic.  Gathered Twigs daubed on edges and then this panel was spritzed with water.  I caught when the purple bled too much, but it turned out pretty cool.
  • Vintage ribbon from my stash
  • Quote from my stash, daubed with Gathered Twigs
  • The kraft card base was inked with Gathered Twigs DI through the mini Burlap stencil
A second card for the Summer Coffee Lovers Hop... not what you might call summery... but here's my pitch: if you are working hard and grinding through your week in NYC, this might be as much summer as you see on the daily!  I mean, that *is* bright purple!  

If they don't accept this as a legitimate summer coffee card, that's ok. The payoff was in the creating!

...and I'll link with Simon Says Stencil It on Monday... they accept me :)

11 comments:

  1. This one is even better then the first one with all the layers and distressed look in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something dramatic and Halloween-ish about this design, I find it both elegant and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and love how you colored the cup with the Color Bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your watercolored mugs...you've inspired me. I hope to give it a go this weekend. This is another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore it! The cup is fantastic and the colors just punch ya in the face - amazing and quirky fun! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple oooh my fav color
    and in love with your layout Mimi
    great card
    wish you win the prizes too
    good luck my friend
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fantastic on so many levels! Your mug-sketching-skills: A+++. The way you paired that mug with the gritty Tim background is genius! It's always a treat to see what comes of of that Mimi-rific mind of yours. Thanks for keeping the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges awesome with your entries!

    ReplyDelete