Friday, June 9, 2017

Pet sympathy card

Some family friends had to say goodbye to their dog, so sad...



I had little time to make a card but knew I wanted to use the pine branch and paws... now, what to say?  So I went to Pinterest for a pet sympathy quote.  If you ever want to cry, go ahead and search that!  I finally realized that while some of the saying were moving me,  everybody grieves differently, so I went with this quote.  What do you think?

Supplies:

  • Letterpress paper by Lifestyle Crafts.  Torn edge embossed with Princess Gold SO by Ranger.
  • Pine bough stamp by Stampendous made in 2002... I've had our for at least 5 years,  I'd guess.  Inked with Forest Moss DI and sprayed with water for the watercolor effect.
  • Paw prints also have been in my stash for years. Not sure of the make. Inked with Versamark in Champagne and embossed with Princess Gold.
  • Sentiment written with a Zig Emboss-writer and embossed also with Princess Gold. 
  • Green scrap of paper from a pad that's probably 5 years old.  

I plan to share this with the following challenges:



8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card for a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mimi: what a fabulous surprise to find your card here, so glad you shared it with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    It's such a beautiful card with a sweet and loving sentiment, love that pine branch and the little paws embossed in gold, they are just an adorable detail.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, I hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! You WROTE that quote and embossed? AWE-mazing!! You couldn't pay me enough to attempt that, but yours is spectacular. Love your beautiful, thoughtful card that is one of the most difficult cards to make. Thanks for playing with our Anything Goes challenge at Retro Rubber and hope to see you back in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are so hard, but you really did a great job here. The heat embossing is so lovely.Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work! I am so grateful that you shared this heartfelt card with Retro Rubber this challenge. So looking forward to seeing you play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mimi that quote is beautiful as is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! What a beautiful quote!! Thanks so much for playing along the STAMPlorations CAS challenge

    ReplyDelete