Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Coffee Lovers #3

... and then, of course, I had to use up the Gathered Twigs from the mini Burlap stencil...


Supplies:
  • As I said, I had to use the remaining DI on the Burlap stencil,  so I sprayed it with my custom Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mix and monoprinted onto a pre-diecut stitched circle (die from Autumn... thanks-- can't believe how much I use these!)
  • Had a black circle also pre-diecut and affixed them together
  • I sketched the coffee cup on Strathmore watercolor paper and attached it
  • I used a coveted un-cut BasicGrey DP from 2010 for the perfect background... don't you agree???  If you recall from this line (Curio, I think it is), all edges are darkened, so when I cut a 4x6", I needed to get the other edges.  I used Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Paint, running the edges with the older sponge-tops.
  • Quote from my stash, inked with Gathered Twigs DI and sprayed with my Perfect Pearls mix.
Yay!  

A third card for the Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Hop.  This particular card has nothing summery about it... unless you are in Seattle.  Picture a rainy coffeeshop. Wouldn't this card just fit in during a summer rain? LOL. 

I will also share this at Simon Says AG on Wednesday... just in case they kick this card out of the Coffee Lovers party...

9 comments:

  1. Great sentiment, love all the layers and the natural colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic patterned background and the coffee mug, with a few coffee stains, just like in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool the way you added the sentiment labels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would fit right in here in not so sunny So. Florida with our wicked thunderstorms lately. Another awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANOTHER beauty. I hoard my BG.
    Are you a washingtonian? I live just east of Seattle but work in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one too! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool layout and lovely look of your coffee Cup Mimi
    I am missing you a lot
    but I will be not in blogland much too
    cause tomorrow i get new job yaaayy
    I start 9:00 Am
    and its 5 hours job
    Mimi if I have time will visit you
    if not
    I will send you card
    i never forget you sweety
    hugs hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! Such a fun design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete