Thursday, June 1, 2017

Punny Cacti

These were the result of a sketch session last Monday:



Supplies and notes:
  • I sketched these cacti onto some Canson Mix Media paper with a Micron pen 
  • The images were painted with a water brush and the following DIs: the sky is Peacock Feathers; the pots are Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge; the cacti are Forest Moss and Crushed Olive
  • The panels were then sewn to kraft cardstock using vintage thread on my machine. 
  • The sentiments were written using a Micron pen. 
I will share these with the current Curtain Call challenge:

5 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous! Great takes on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady...a zillion apologies for being MIA for so long with comments (hectic doesn't even qualify! Yeesh!)...but NOT with sending an abundance of 'thought bubbles' filled with awe for your amazing creations! I see you're on IG, so I've requested to follow you! Your sketched cacti: oh. my. stars! #loveabsolutely #totallysmittenbyandcrushingover! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooowzaa you sketch these alll

    ok ok lady
    you dont need to buy any stamp
    you can great drawing and sketching (not like me I cant)
    and coloring so wonderful too
    this is my winners cards..
    love love them Mimi
    happy weekend I try to visiting next post
    my hubby in Sea with kids yaay
    I have a bit time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to keep up the sketching and lettering - l.o.v.e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! I've been looking for cacti stamps, have not been successful yet, wish I knew how to draw... fun sentiments, super drawing and love the wonky stitching, so decorative!

    ReplyDelete