Sunday, June 18, 2017

Pipevine Swallowtail

Isn't this a beautiful butterfly?

Click for close-up of the crackle-effect

I seldom leave a tag string-less, but this one has a more scientific look... so I left it simple... you know,  like a scientist would!


Supplies:
  • DI in Peacock Feathers
  • DOx in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo
  • Inks added using wrinkle-free distress with my own light mixture of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls... this ous so light I've been using it in place of regular water lately.  Fun!
  • Edges dabbed with matte Mod Podge then coated with Stampendous frantage in Aged Gold, then heated.
  • Butterfly fussy-cut from my grandparents' field guide-- it is so old it is just loose pages.  I like to use it, makes me feel close to them. 
  • Butterfly coated with Distress Collage Medium in matte then Crackle in some parts.  When dry, Prima Artisan Powder rubbed over the cracks. 
  • Butterfly's description coated with Distress Collage Medium in Vintage then pinned with a 7 Gypsies pin
  • Vintage trim lace affixed with a Recollections brad


4 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my oh my! And woah baby! This is the prettiest thing I've seen. I love it so! Will totally be pinning. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Mimi! I'm with Autumn--the prettiest tag I've seen! Love the simplicity, but the background is a mixed media dessert! Delish! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here comes another beauty. It's been too long ince I have been here at your place and missed so many pretty projects! Lovely using of DOX, how can they be used in a ugly way, right? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete