The challenge was "Something New" over at Simon Says Stamp on Mondays. I bought the sequin strand and stencil over xmas. And I received the paper over xmas. Newness. Newness everywhere!
Supplies and notes:
- Gold sequin strand from Target dollar bins... my latest-favoritest.
- The flags were cut from some vellum that I'd stamped with a carved pencil eraser dipped into Liquid leaf last year. I glittered the edges with Distress Glitter in Antique Linen (my fave glitter ever)
- The Catrina stamp set is MY 100% FAVE stamp set ever from Invoke. I think it's called the Calavera Catrina Paper Doll... or something like that. I got it years ago from a shop in Berkeley, CA, that is now closed :( I stamped her with MementoLuxe, double-tapped. I stamped her top onto a nice pale pink from K & Company and popped it up. I fancied-up her hat with Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold... that is also pretty new. I ordered it during The Funkie Junkie Boutique's Black Friday sale.
- I love what the Catrina stands for-- read about it HERE, and see what it says to you.
- The stencil in the background is Heidi Swapp. I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink with a taddy-bit of water, then sprayed with Perfect Pearls in gold
- The paper came in a DCWV stack I received for xmas
I will add an appropriate sentiment when the need arises-- and until then, I think I will set this up for my own personal inspiration... I love the colors and the feel of this.