This card was made for another of the multiple coworkers, friends, and neighbors I know who are expecting babies soon! I had a certain teacher in mind (another first-grade teacher), but now when I look at it, I keep thinking maybe this will go to my neighbor, who just found out she is having a boy.
Here's that sketch (which I flipped a bit):
Supplies and notes:
- While this paper is mostly blue-tones, I tried to neutralize it by watercoloring some yellow and green over the blue bows... I think it was a successful move, but when I think about giving to someone expecting a girl, they might just see boy, hence thinking I'll pass this one to the neighbor.
- The paper with the babies and storks is Crate Paper, but I only had a scrap of the nursery rhyme background... not sure who made that. But it's super cute.
- Wilton doily
- Bow button with shank removed from my stash
- Blue paper for banner is DCWV stack paper
- I faux-stitched everything with an uktra-fine brown Prismacolor pen
- I edged everything with Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown
- Those little embossed corners are from Recollections, I believe. They are one of those items that has been in my stash forever.