Friday, April 13, 2018

An artist's house

This is my little imaginary artist's house.  I imagine my mom living here (which is kind of appropriate now, since this house is nestled among all these succulents-- the craft shack is doubling as a greenhouse since we are back to 20-degree F weather...):







This is the split-complementary trio I used.

...and here are the three amigos.



Supplies:
  • Cardboard house from Michael's
  • Tissue paper from the package containing the stamps sent by Team Tim during the last year of his tag challenge. Mario sent the doily stamps and they were wrapped in this Distress tissue paper.  
  • I sprayed the tissue paper with Dylusions in: After Midnight, Funky Fuchsia, and Lemon Zest  (shown above) to match the color wheel for split complementary colors.
  • Flowers both hand-made and bought, all inked with Dylusions spray listed above, adhered with hot glue
  • Andrea Ockey-Parr's stamps used exclusively, inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black.
  • Roof and trim painted with Behr house paint sample in Midnight.  I think this will be the color of my door and garage door this summer. 
I'd like to share this at the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic choice of colours, very beautiful. Thos Dylusions colours are really something. I have seen them used on a few projects now and guess I will have to cave in and get some. Do they last well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for joining the challenge at Country View Challenges - apologies for my lateness in commenting (it's been a crazy couple of weeks!!) Hope to see you again! Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete