Tuesday, September 26, 2017

SOS: Not your mom's card!

Happy Tuesday, and thanks for visiting for another Shopping Our Stash challenge!  I am the hostess over there this week, and I've selected the theme "Not your momma's card"-- I want to see something that wouldn't go to a proper lady!  (Actually, that might be your momma, but my momma loves off-color humor on a card!)

Here is my card this week:


Supplies and notes:
  • Flo NZ Craft vintage lady stamps inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black then stamped on Strathmore watercolor paper
  • Women's hair watercolored with my old college Loew-Cornell watercolors; skin colored with Spectrum Noir FS3; dresses inked with DOx in Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron
  • Sweet sentiment written with a Jane Davenport brush pen dipped in some DOx: Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry.
  • Panel mounted onto a Core'dinations cardstock
The stash-supplies I used on this card is mostly about a year old (not too old), but the stashy-part of this project is that the main panels were started in July and just sitting on my desk, shuffled from one part to the other... it is such a good feeling to, like, give something life!

I am looking forward to lots of laughs this week, so please link up at Shopping Our Stash-- loosen up and join the fun!


7 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Girl, you so totally nailed this challenge, Oh my gosh!!! Mimi, I can't stop laughing, I've been laughing ever since I saw this card on the draft page, love your vintage ladies, but that sentiment is just over the top hilarious.
    Off to pinning this card, as a matter of fact, all of the rest of the cards ROCK!!!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love those two ladies and you coloured everything beautifully, My momma would have loved an bit of sass or more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buahahahaha!!! I can't love this card enough! Those vintage ladies paired with your sentiment - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retro ladies and that sentiment - all beautifully coloured!
    Thanks for letting us unleash a wee bit o' snark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha! I love your sentiment! That is fantastic!! Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that sentiment makes me laugh too
    and you have adorable ladies stamp set
    love the vintage look sweety
    My Daddy was back to Indonesia 16 Sept and I am step by step visiting my friends Blog like Pia..Billie...etc..
    and now your blog
    I will do catch up...I know you must be busy dont do catch up at my one hehe its not a must sweety but I am happy if you visit back
    I jump now to your other post
    biig hugs from your LOST FRIEND from Germany
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so hilarious with that fun sentiment! Ha ha! I love the look of your watercoloring out of the lines too - something I always forget to do! Thanks for the chuckles today - I'm beginning to enjoy making snarky cards :)

    ReplyDelete