Saturday, May 28, 2016

North of heaven, south of Santa Fe...

(Fyi, I'm going to just get this posted via my phone. I live in a resort town and all summer and during holiday weekends the internet tanks!!!)

Or I'm thinking some old Marty Robbins...

Here's my creation for the current Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Anything but a card...










And, oh, by the way, I'm now on the SOS Design Team!!!  I'm pretty excited-- this is the first time I've had the urge to apply for a DT, and SOS is great because it's what I do!-- I shop my stash!  Wheeeeeee!  I start to "work" for the first challenge in June, so I'll see you at SOS on June 7th!

Supplies and notes for this project:
  • The house box is from Target's Hand Made Modern line... it was on clearance after xmas last year!
  • I plastered it kind of loosely with Teresa Collins Modeling paste.  I thought to stamp into the "wet" paste... when it was too dry!  I got one little part with one of Tim's doily stamps... see above
  • When everything was dry, I sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Harvest Orange (my first ever Glimmer Mist... been in my stash for years...)
  • For the roof, I used Tim's StampAnon Tiles stencil with his new crazing medium over top.  (I had read the latest post at One Lucky Day and woke up today with the intention of trying this while roof technique.)  I took Paula's advice and walked away... went to the craft fair with my MIL.  Came back (with a new vase and a mini-pitcher) and scribbled some Walnut Stain crayon over the crazing and daubed with a damp sponge.  
  • I built the door and window frames with the old packaging from seam binding (more stuff  I just stash...), and I painted it with DI in Seedless Preserves
  • I used a "used" paper Heidi Swapp stencil as the window grates over some photo paper treated with various Adirondack Alcohol Inks
  • The ladder and beams were built with scraps of wood from the area my husband was splitting firewood in the fall
  • Various Distress paints were used to paint the greenery. The cactus by the door in was made from a green paper flower that I cut the petals from. 
I'd also like to share this at Simon Says Stamp: Wednesday, AG

(I'll edit and add captions when I can use my computer!!!)



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic detailing on this little house box!! And love the ladder detail, such a fun one.Big congrats on your DT assignment, it sounds perfect for you and now you'll be able to get your work exposed to a new and larger group who'll surely appreciate getting inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little house!! Your detail is stunning!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooh this is so cool! love that sweet little abode! and YIPPEE, you're joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! i'm soooooo excited!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay!!! First of all I haven't heard of SOS, so thanks for the digs. Awesome remake, so realistic and clever! You are going to rock your new team! Super happy for you sweetie!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so rustic and so organic, I truly love it! Wonderful attention to detail and great stylized elements! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash! This is the kind of project I was hoping for with this challenge!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your DT position yaay I will join promise cause you are DT there who knows you like my card and can be a winner hehehe Joke but I will try to join sweety
    and THIS IS AMAZING HOUSE
    if I am your neighbour I will ask you for my Present as my late birthday
    this is so amazing with all the attention the detail and all looks so real my friend
    you have great paste to use on your house to plastering
    ach I remember my dad now
    he make some houses and vila and building and mosque too
    he is not engineer but he was learn for build home as he was on the technical high school
    your project remind me of him..
    big hugs and see you on my post sweety
    I miss you

    ReplyDelete