Friday, May 27, 2016

Light a candle for me...

Here's a cool tag:



Supplies and notes:
  • The library card was resultant from playtime.  It was sprayed with Dylusions spray in Postbox Red and Sunshine, through Tim's StampAnon Stripes stamp
  • The Virgin was ripped off of a candle under my sink... I had a hose come undone under the sink and I had to do some unplanned under-the-sink cleaning... this candle itself was thrashed, so I tore the label off. How could I toss this.  (Rhetorical... not even going to put a question mark.) So I glued it to this card.
  • The orange pom poms came from a magical find at a thrift store recently... yards and yards of it.  Who would give that away... that person should feel ashamed.
  • The stars are totally vintage stars found in an old desk in the school library... they're gummed!  Like, old-school stars that teachers had to lick to stick!  What??? Gold.
  • The pom pom hanging trim was from a Tuesday Morning purchase... some of my fave stuff... I always say that...
I'd like to share this at the following three challenges:

6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your artful transformations, Mimi. Stuff from from under your sink, no less! I shudder to think what's lurking under my sink! LOL. Great job with this tag. Love it!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooww Mimi
    this is adorable
    love all on your project
    Thanks for your visit I try to catch up sweety
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the queen of recycling, Mimi! You find things to use everywhere and they not being bought from a store recently they contribute to your designs being very original...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi! You are hilarious! Hope you got your sink all fixed up and ready for some dirty dishes. Hehe! Wonderful and fantabulous tag you created! The bright red against the picture is striking and so you! Of course you upcycled almost all of your elements. Awesome sauce and spectacular design! So glad you have joined us again at Anything But Cute for our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge!

    In response to the comment you left on my blog. I use Fimo, or Sculpy or any clay that is on sale but prefer over bake clay. :) Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, your post tickled me pink! You are a girl after my own heart and yes, that is rhetorical. You have put all these elements together in one fine piece of artwork! Love that bold striped background and this is SO you! thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great work!!! Thanks for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete