Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mom of two

This is a Mother's Day card currently on it's way via mail (actually, hopefully it's arrived...) for one of my best friends.  




It's just obviously a simple card, but I was hesitant to go over-the-top.  She just lost her husband, and her kids lost their dad... I just wanted to recognize her commitment to her two kids.  You guys know what I mean?  I try not to over-think situations like this... I just thought if I kept it basic and beautiful, then it would be just that.  A simple recognition.

I'd like to share this at the current Crafting By Designs- May AG... though I'm not a digi user... I just like to share on AG's.  I love to look at AG challenges because you end up with such a variety of projects. It's like a little sample of the crafting population!

Supplies and notes:
  • The circles were scribbled with a Zig Emboss Writer and heat-embossed with Ranger EP in Princess Gold 
  • The gorgeous hearts were made by dripping Adirondack alcohol ink in Mermaid and Rust plus gold mixative onto a piece of photo paper, then splashing it with Ranger blending sol'n.  I then dabbed at it with a baby wipe.  OMG, it's too pretty.  I really wish the pix did it justice.  If not, try alcohol inks on photo paper yourselves... glorrrriousssss
  • I used a Fiskars heart punch.  (I have more hearts left over-- you'll see them again... 
  • Should I have rounded the corners???  Hmmm...
That's it!  I used a gold Sharpie inside and wrote a nice sentiment about how lucky her kids and dogs are to have her for their mom!  They are! :)


4 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that is gorgeous!!! so thoughtful, as well. i'm sure this will have been MOST APPRECIATED! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Leaves me speechless. Such a beautiful card with so few elements but leaves a lasting impression. I am sure it will be dearly appreciated. The colour on the hearts is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thoughtful design for a delicate situation. I think it's a lovely card specifically designed for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi...sad story :'( I adore your thoughtful card...so simple so lovely and great color combo...winning card I believe ..hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete