Wednesday, May 4, 2016

No!

...I do NOT wanna build a snowman!



Okay, so this card was the result of some straight-up play-time/therapy! If you've ever seen my stuff, you might be like, "Whaaaa...?" This isn't me: I don't often use cartoony or cutesy stamps (though I LOVE this set from Taylored Expressions). So here are the details:
  • I love the knit stencil by Tim... though 'tis NOT the season! But I'm just the kind of girl who loves the pairing of items/themes that typically would not be, uh, typical. I love non-traditional xmas cards, high-heels with jeans, and fancy dresses with vans. And add pink and yellow knit patterns.
  • I used Lemon Zest from Dylusions and some pink Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, sprayed heavily on the StampAnon stencil then monoprinted
  • When the paper was dry, I had the idea to dig out my xmas bin in effort to find a stamp worthy of such a fab background.  Enter: The Grumplings!  In hindsight, I wonder if I should have added some white to the Grumplings to subdue the pattern behind it... 
  • Stamps were inked in MementoLuxe in Tuxedo Black then colored with some fluorescent gel-pens.  Fun, right?
I will share this at the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. haha, this cracked me up! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so funny! I totally dig it and think you rocked this background! Both challenges are lucky to have you linked in! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stenciled background and these fun little guys make me laugh! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!! Oh my gosh Mimi, this sure gave me a chuckle, my hubby says that exact line all the time...too funny! Love the gold sparkly bits and your lovely blend of colours in the background! Thanks for the smiles, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to make more traditional style Christmas cards myself, but I absolutely love this fun, quirky design!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so funny and the colours make it cute.
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so funny and the colours make it cute.
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun inspired card - love the "snowmen" Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your funky design and how you added the gold glitter. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love those images - so funny! Great take on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday STENCIL IT Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute sentiment and love that stencil wow..looks like that snowman angry hihi I look at two lines on his head...but sweet xmas card you achieve Mimi...hugs.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. tee hee hee (now I have an "ohrwurm" anyway). Love this take on Shery's card. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL This looks like one cranky snowman :) -- Cute card. Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Adorable :) love that shimmer, so
    Glad you played with us at CASEplorations.

    ReplyDelete