It's that time of the year again... Where it's not "too early" anymore to make xmas cards... In fact, it's now almost "too late." Almost!
Supplies and notes:
- Century-old sheet music
- Black vintage seam binding inked with Gold AI mixative, partially affixed with Recollections brads
- Sentiment written using a Micron 03
- Snowflake stamp by Tim Holtz, inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black and embossed with black Recollections EP. After I cut it out, I edged it with my old cat's eye ColorBox Chalk in Blackbird.
- Textured panel since a couple weeks ago after seeing THIS tutorial by Autumn. I did it a little differently: I coated a piece of pre-cut chipboard with Ranger Transparent EP, then just stamped it with a Prima crackle stamp (which I had sprayed with water to keep the gel from getting in my stamp). nce dry, I painted it with black Liquitex gesso and then rubbed it with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush. I started to burnish it with a baby wipe, but then the lustre was staying on the raised areas and going in the cracks... abort mission! Just left it to dry.
- Gold thread from my stash
- Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite at the corners of the sheet music
I plan to share this with the folks at Inspirational: