Tuesday, March 28, 2017

SOS: Side-by-side

Greetings, paper crafter!  Another Tuesday is upon us, and this week at Shopping Our Stash, Chana is our host and she has brought forth the challenge of Side-by-side... make a step card!

I do love measuring, scoring, and building, though I seldom make step cards.

Here is my card:

Supplies:

  • The circle die is from Autumn, thanks!  I inked it with layers of DOx then stamped an old foam dinosaur stamp found at the elementary school in Distress Paint in Walnut Stain
  • The card base was sprayed withLindy's Stamp Gang spray in Ethereal Emerald 
  • The bones were cut from some Tim Holtz resist paper that was just sitting on my desk
  • The "Happy Birthday" portion was cut from prayer from my scrap bin using Tim's word dies
  • Those cool green adhesive tiles are years old... never been used!  I really like them... glad I got to use them after all this time!

I have to share that I actually made five step cards in preparation for the current challenge.  Meh.  Not in love with any... don't you hate that?  I had such high hopes...

This is the first card I did for this challenge:
It's cute, but not"me."  I wrote the sentiment in French and used pages from an old French dictionary.  The main stash item is that rose panel.  It's from a packet I purchased multiple years ago.

Well, show me how it's done!  My teammies are so inspiring... go check them out at Shopping Our Stash!

7 comments:

  1. Seriously, what's not to like, these are fab, Mimi! The dinosaur card I think is you, but even the flower one, it's only the shape that makes these 'un-you'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you enjoying the circles! :) I never thought I'd see you do a stepper, but I love them both. Don't be so hard on yourself! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!! we are our own worst critics, I think you did a fine job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mimi, please let us see the other 3 cards you made, I know they are as fabulous and beautiful as this two you shown here.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, this cards are amazing, hope you show us the rest.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooww
    from manly card so coool
    to ladies and elegant card
    love the shape card of you Mimi
    I am sorry you know I am at 5 DTs and I have less time to visiting my bloggy friend and I hope you can understand me sweety
    I never forget you
    today I try to catch up ...may I
    hope you are happy and my comment makes you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, you need to do more step cards, because both of these came out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete