Tuesday, March 21, 2017

SOS: Forest Friends

This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are encouraging you, deer crafter, to create something including our forest friends.

I'm honored to be hosting a true friend's baby shower!

Here are the invitations:

Here are some images of the process:


Some turned out better than others...

You can see where I modified the block, and I tried to show this by blacking out the stars on the front.  I then took a trio of cut stars and glued them to a cork for a mini-stamp. 


Supplies:
  • Hand-carved deer stamp from pink Speedball rubber and Stampin Up! tools.  Stamp inked with Tim's Mixed Media palette in Vintage Photo and "kissed" onto an old wood-grain stamp by All Night Media
  • The stitched circle die is from Autumn at Sew Paper Paint; I wrote the greeting with a Micron pen... not sure which width this is-- I tried a few different weights, but liked these with the finer tip.
  • The stars are from a Dyan Reaveley Dylusions stamp that I love, but seldom use... until now!  I finally realized I needed to modify the stamp to work for me!  I cut some of the stars off to make the stars more free-form in shape, instead of the rectangular group that they were.  This was inked with Story Sky DI, tapped-off once then used twice in the process.
  • The pine sprays were hand-brushed with the Ranger waterbrush in Forest Moss DI.  I recently purchased two new waterbrushes, but they are still in their package.  I still wonder: why so expensive???
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!  I am interested to see the stash items you find!  C'mon... I know you all have foxes and deer and bears... oh my!


7 comments:

  1. holy moly you CARVED that amazing deer stamp!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bow down to your crafty derring do!!!!!! plus the re-make of the reavely stamp is fab as well! and of course the invitations are AMAZING! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Mimi.....I have never see anyone actually carve their own rubber stamps, my dear, this is awesome!! Heck, I didn't even now you could do that!!!!!
    How many invitations did you make? These are the most original and fabulous Baby Shower invitations I've ever seen, just fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! Mimi.....I have never see anyone actually carve their own rubber stamps, my dear, this is awesome!! Heck, I didn't even now you could do that!!!!!
    How many invitations did you make? These are the most original and fabulous Baby Shower invitations I've ever seen, just fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria... I only had to make about 20... not too bad, but it definitely was a 2-day process, drying and all that...

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! Love the deer stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the deer, the stars, and that sweet handwritten sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever to use the deer stamp for baby card
    Love that star too
    lovely layout miss Mimi
    I am sorry just visiting you again sweety

    ReplyDelete