This is my offering:
|This is a ton for word-clippings from books...|
Supplies and notes:
- The tin was originally a Newman's mint tin-- definitely a stash item as I can't seem to throw them away!
- The lid was coated with black Liquitex gesso
- The text and bird (both pre-cut stash items) were adhered with Ranger Collage Medium in Vintage
- Ranger Crackle Accents was used to coat the lid. Though I'm totally happy with the results, the crackling was not as prominent on this piece, and I'm thinking this was the result of the temperature and humidity in the craft shack. My generous layer of the Crackle Accents didn't help any-- if it were thinner, it would have crackled more.
- I used Prima Artisan Powder in Vintage Ivory over the cracks. This is definitely a stash item: I bought it months ago, and though I try to use it often, I am never like, "Wow, such an amazing product..." in fact, this is the best thing I've ever done wth it.
I love crackle paste and have tried at least three kinds, so if you don't have any, I recommend the $4 purchase, or try a variety of faux-crackle techniques and share wth us at Shopping Our Stash!