Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Welcome Baby Girl

The wife of a wonderful district employee is having their first daughter in March.  I made this card for my site to give.  For those of you saying, "It doesn't look like a new baby card...," this couple is definitely NOT into pink!:
Pardon the image-- had terrible lighting... tired of winter!  Boo!



This shot shows the excellent luck with pooling of Glimmer Mist I had...


Supplies and notes:

  • Main DP panel and flowers were cut from Marion Smith DP, smooshed in some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Spun Sugar DI
  • I stamped a watery Black Soot doily (by Tim Holtz for StampAnon) where I wanted to pile the focal pieces
  • Background mat is from one of my fave BG collections: Little Black Dress
  • Sentiment banner written and drawn on a library catalog card with Faber Castell Pitt pens and Micron pens, then inked with Spun Sugar and Tea Dye DIs
  • True Hemp metallic hemp "nest" in the background.  I'll have to contact Autumn and find out how the heck she does this-- what happens behind the scenes is nuts.  (I have some washi connecting the nest and two Recollections tint brads are holding the nest to the Marion Smith panel!  
  • The stamen peeking out of the top are from Wilton, inked with Mushroom Adirocndack alcohol ink
  • ...and pretty much everything has a bit of Frayed Burlap on it!
I didn't take a picture, but I added a watery doily inside the card as well.

I will share this for the current Simon Says Stamp on Wednesday challenge: Fantastic Florals.

I will also share this at the current Cupcake Inspirations challenge:
I didn't necessarily use a chalkboard technique, but one can easily see the connection between
this cupcake and my card!  In fact, wouldn't these make cute baby shower cupcakes?!

7 comments:

  1. Love these pretty cabbage roses, Mimi, and the lovely script background, too! Thanks for sharing this with us for our floral challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous, non-pink, new baby card! I love it!
    and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the beauty of making your own cards, you can make one that is suited to the taste of the receiver, and not to what the general opinion thinks is suitable for a certain occasion. I think this card is gorgeous, and a baby sentiment is as great a choice as any:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the flower is so feminin on your card Mimi
    I am not so in feminin card but you can achieve it so good
    and the sentient is sweet
    if baby card I always choose onnesie or so hehe
    and great idea with the flower for a new baby born card
    sweet and beautifully made Mimi...

    ReplyDelete