Friday, November 16, 2018

Warm fall wishes

Here's another card made with the current SOS Tic-Tac-Toe in mind:




Here's my tic-tac-toe board:
(Diagonal from top left and across from top left)

Supplies:
  • Background on Strathmore watercolor paper created using the old leaf stamp described on my other post, heat embossed with Ranger EP in Antique Turquoise
  • Background then colored using a variety of Magicals and Color Bursts-- I was in a frenzy and not sure what I used!  
  • Turquoise mat in back was just a scrap
  • Edges all distressed using my Making Memories distresser
  • Mug was doodled as a single-line drawing using a Ranger Perfect Medium Pen on a scrap of watercolor paper.  Perfect Medium Pens are irritating in the same way that the Letter It pens are: no color, so you can't tell what you've drawn!  Irritating.  I heat embossed using Ranger Antique Turquoise EP
  • Mug was colored using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Dark Chocolate Truffle and Tiffany Lou Blue, plus a little Color Bursts in Prussian Blue for depth.
  • The leaves were all pre-cut by me months ago.  I go on cutting frenzies where I get my box of paper scraps and all my dies and my Big Shot and I sit on my living room floor and cut, cut, cut.  I store the cut pieces in blank CD cases, labeled by cut.  I inked these with Brushed Corduroy DI.
  • Tim's Christmas Quotations used as the little greeting.
That's it.

Along with Shopping Our Stash, I'll also share this make at the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. That is soooooo super gorgeous!!!
    Love the colours, the mug, the background...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooooooh how i LOVE this! & i love that you host the challenge AND play in the challenge too! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beautiful colors, Mimi! Great idea to have a little die cutting party! gotta watch out for that Big Kick elbow (speaking from experience). Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these soft colours and the popping mug. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi I love how you've contrasted that fabulous Fall inky background with the pops of blue and that warming mug - perfect for this challenge! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete