Sunday, November 18, 2018

Subtle Deer Birthday

I made this birthday card for our school's beloved custodian.  He is very low-key, and so there was no sentiment.  I organized the site to dress like Dan on the Friday before his birthday (his birthday was on a Saturday)... so on Friday we all wore a white shirt and jeans and a ball cap. He did NOT get it!  Ugh!  But I told him Monday... I said, "Didn't you notice anything funny about the way people dressed on Friday?"  And he said, "Ball cap?"

Here is his card:

Supplies:
  • Dina Wakley cotton watercolor paper inked with the following Distress Oxides: Vintage Photo, Evergreen Bough, and Frayed Burlap using an old oak leaf stamp from many, many years ago
  • The deer was carved by me like 1.5 years ago and inked with Distress Oxide in Walnut Stain
  • Cool wood tape by ARC... I totally hoard this and hardly use it... time to start using it!
  • Pre-cut foliage by Tim Holtz... it's from the mini-greenery die set.
I'll share this with International Art & Soul's Wild Animals challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love the natural feel to this. Thank you for participating at IAAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reindeer heads, I’m impressed this is carved by you. Love the color composition here too.

    ReplyDelete