Hello! Join me this week as the folks at Shopping Our Stash are making Easter cards!
I hope they don't fire me for being too cheesy, but I made this for my almost-three-year-old niece, and my inhibitions flew out the window! I totally gutted my stash and piled on all the fun, bright Easter stuff I could use!
- Focal point is a stitched die sent with my last order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- On the stitched circle, I stamped with NBUS from an old set that no longer has packaging. The bunny, butterfly, and basket were all "painted" using DOx on my mat with water
- The washi tape "belt" across the middle is from the Target dollar bin from last spring, I believe
- I had a couple Thickers sets from 2009 and used a few of those stickers: the egg an flowers on the front and the swirls and heart on the inside.
- Three Bugs In a Rug two-sided DP from years ago, never cut, is the orange butterfly paper on the front and the blue birdy paper on the inside
- The blue background paper on the front and inside is from a K & Company pad from a few years ago.
- The egg paper on the front was made by yours truly using an old piece of stationary and Tim's Nature stamps-- I'd never used these layering eggs before. It was so fun mixing and matching the speckles and the eggs!
- I used Tim's Patchwork Pieces set for the stitching stamp (which matches the die perfectly) using Hickory Smoke from Tim's Mixed-Media archival ink palette.
- Black Viva Paper Pearls were added because the Thickers looked lonely on the orange!
- I used more Easter stamps (NBUS) on the inside.
- Then, on the back, I made some V's, complete with starting dot, for my niece to practice on! I loved when my kids were young and just learning to write and draw! Vivian's parents are both first-time parents, and Vivian spends a ton of time with my folks as well (her grandparents, and my mom is like an early childhood development natural), but my folks haven't raised kids for over 30 years! So I do my dorky Aunt Mary stuff just to inspire them all! Ha!