I am challenging you to make a project featuring a dress or inspired by one!
Personally, I have always been into fashion. My grandmother used to give me all of her Vogues, and when I was young, I spent all of my spare cash on bridal magazines... then, even through college, I designed clothes in notebooks. Now, I dream about fashion! Is that crazy?
Anyway, my project was inspired by the dress below:
Inspired by this dress by Dolce & Gabbana, Spring 2016 Couture:
- Layering flower stamps by Hampton Arts inked with Black Soot DI and sprayed with water before adding to Strathmore watercolor paper.
- The second layer of the layering stamps were inked with Perfect Pearls pad and pearled-up with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls (which I do not use enough.)
- Sentiment written with Distress Crayon scribbled on my mat and sprayed with water then brushed on
- Background painted with a mixture of Distress Stain in Broken China and water. I so rarely used Distress Stains, but wish I did... they are fun to use.
- The gems were from a crafty kit my daughter had, and she gave them to me because she is not a gem-lover. Boom! I am! These are perfect for this project... if you look close, these gems match the necklace this woman is wearing.