The current challenge theme is Mythical, and here is the project I'm sharing:
I had actually made a few different projects for this challenge, but after I saw the image below via BBC News, I was like, "Oh, now that's what I'm going for!":
|Source: BBC News, photo by Patrik Stollarz/AFP|
- Unicorn gal drawn with a Micron pen
- Parts of a Dyan Reaveley star stamp used for the background using Distress embossing ink and Stamp-n-stuff EP in Winter Wonderland (white with silver sparkles)
- Image watercolored using various DIs
- Finetec metallic watercolor pan set used to accent the horn and add some detail to the girl's makeup
- Colorbok stars from a set my mom sent me a few years ago-- they are so mirrored that of course it is hard to get a good image!
- The white mat in the background is a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper with the birthday sentiment brushed using a Jane Davenport waterbrush in multiple DOxs.
- Recollections purple cardstock as the rear-most layer