...that was my goal. I had these pins in a jar that my brother tried to recycle (gasp) when he and his baby Viv were in town. SHALL SHALT NOT DISCARD SMALL JARS IN A CRAFTER'S HOME! "I can find a use for that..."
- (DAY 1) I painted the lid with Liquitex gesso
- Added yellow sand paste by Pebeo
- Painted with Rich Espresso metallic paint by DecoArt
- (DAY 2) Started to paint with Walnut Stain Distress Paint... then stopped. The color was all wrong. So I sprayed it with Distress Stain Spray in Black Soot
- (DAY 3) Parts were still wet, so I wiped it with a baby wipe and now tried a little Walnut Stain Distress Paint... now that the background was dark, it was fine. I painted it around and wiped a little off
- I touched at the "corroded" parts with Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint, and wiped a little off with the baby wipe, then added a dab of matte Mod Podge and dabbed a little old nutmeg onto the corroded parts. Actually don't love the nutmeg on it... too bright.
- I also added a dab of matte Mod Podge to the top part of the lid and dabbed it to dull it even more (I hoped)
- Finally, I added a few drops of Adirondack alcohol ink in Rust, then added a drop of Mermaid... it was too much, so I did a quick wash with blending solution, then added one more drop of Rust. That left just the right amount of turquoise...
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges: