I was working in the yard and had some remnant scraps of chicken wire. Actually, I was working on the flower beds around the scrap shack. What a great segue for me to yak about the shack...
Little daughter and I had planted bulbs in the fall and the @#$%^ squirrels dug up many of them... rrr. So I had to carefully dig through the torn-up soil to see where some tulips were actually still in place... what a pain. But it was sunny, and little daughter was playing with a buddy in the yard, so it was fine. My folks had given me a bag of gladiola bulbs last week, and I had some leftover tulips and bluebells (!) that should have been planted in the fall. I planted them all, and snipped some chicken wire to keep the varmints out!
|See the chicken wire and wood around the flower beds? I mean BUSINESS, squirrels! Ya hear me???|
Back to the project! Supplies and notes:
- I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the library catalog card then sprayed it with LSG mist in Ethereal Emerald... of course the pictures seldom do the sheen justice...
- I used a piece of chicken wire that was roughly cut the size of the card and I used my pliers to curl the ends around the card.
- The birds are from my National Geographic bird guide for scrappin', and I popped them up on dimensional. These are non-native in my area... They are actually mostly in Mexico.
- The flower at the top is from one of Tim's packs... I did not alter the color of it because the pewter that I bought it in went so well with the wire. I glued it on with E-3000
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges: