This is a juvenile common nighthawk. Isn't it so cute?
I have had a special love for the common nighthawk since I was a kid at summer camp. The nighthawks would be flying over as we'd sit on Telescope Peak and listen to stories and look at constellations... I can see and hear them like it was yesterday. Disproportionately long wings, elegant, with a distinctive call. And you knew they were just getting mosquitoes like crazy for us! Love them. I never thought about it, but those were probably one of the first birds I could identify.
Notes and supplies:
- Library card base monoprinted with a Heidi Swapp stencil in Iced Spruce Distress Stain
- Background was then casually lined with Stickles
- I glued my little nighthawk on there, along with his name
- Did you notice that my Rusty Hinge spot echoes the nighthawk's cheek? (click the image to enlarge... you shan't be disappointed...)
- I added some sweet yarn/twine purchased a few weeks ago. It is olive-brown with some intermittent pale gold metallic flare. I love it!
I plan to enter this into the following challenges: