Tuesday, August 22, 2017

SOS: Wood Is Good

This week I am hosting the challenge at Shopping Our Stash, and I chose the theme Wood Is Good!

If there's one thing that I love as much as birds, it's the sight of wood!  Trees, wood, wood-grain, logs, loggers... LOL... I just love wood.  So this week, I'd like to see your woody-stash: wood-grain paper, wood veneer pieces... I am not going to be hard to please in this department!

Here's my simple project having both wood pieces and wood-grain, and wood tape...


You can see the shiny background here above.



Supplies:
  • Woodgrain paper from DCWV Gilded Paper Stack, edged with Gathered Twigs DI.
  • Arc Crafts wood tape-- this is actually cherry veneer tape
  • "Blessed" is wood-cut from Michaels from approximately two years ago in a Thanksgiving seasonal pack
  • Gold thread from my stash
  • Gold studs by Hampton Art
  • Paper Dolls from Tim Holtz.  I inked these guys with Gathered Twigs DI.
That's it!  I made this for my hubby.  He also is a wood-lover.  We are both foresters and met in the woods!  (Regarding my comment earlier about living loggers, hubby was also a logger...)

I look forward to seeing your creations this week... it should yield a wide range of projects from you crafty people, as wood is so versatile.  See you over at Shopping Our Stash!

4 comments:

  1. wood grain PLUS wood veneer PLUS wood tape??!?!?! this thing is wood love... cubed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wood laden card!!! it's awesome. love the design and the use of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card! the image is so lovely on the wood and the sentiment is great! You asked about my wood embellishments on my entry (pineapple gatefold). I purchased them at Tuesday Morning a few months back, I haven't seen them in a while but you might run across a pack. Thanks for the inquire.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood IS good, and it's even great here! Love your design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete