Sunday, April 16, 2017

Stars

How about a starry layout?

Supplies and notes:

  • Dyan Reaveley's journal sprayed with Dylusions in After Midnight and Vibrant Turquoise.  I took a paintbrush in water and "painted" any of the just-spray parts so no white remained.
  • Next, I added DecoArt metallic paint to the top and bottom of the pages with my finger, and also painted line-stars.
  • The trees were added by using the negative of Tim's treeline die as a stencil with Black Liquitex gesso.
  • Stars on trees and below were made by using DecoArt Metallic Lustres through a Heidi Swapp stencil.
  • The black stars were actually drawn with my finger on my computer, then cut by the new Cricut. Very cool, huh?  I glued them on with Mod Podge  and rubbed them lightly with more Metallic Lustre
  • The quote was written with WOS in gold.  

I will share this with Stamps and Stencils' current challenge: Lucky stars.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful scene, peaceful and eye catching. Great use of negative die cuts, must keep this in mind...

    ReplyDelete