Tuesday, April 18, 2017

SOS: Roses

Thanks for visiting!

This morning we are kicking off another Shopping Our Stash challenge, this time encouraging you to dig up some roses!  No pun intended🌹... or was it???

Here's my creation, which is an art journal layout:

How about some process images?  Okay!
So, this is what I started with.  There are many ways to "shop your stash," and one way is to finish projects you've started... this spread was actually two independent pages that both happened to have roses on them... what luck! For the record,  I never touched the top page -- it stayed the way I found it (a Nancy Drew page with LSG Magicals plus a library card with Teresa Collins modeling paste through Tim's roses stencil then Color Bursted and sprayed with Glimmer Mist).  The bottom page had been inked with DOx in early March... actually, the first time I played with DOx.  The circles are Seth Apter stamps.

Found this pre-clipped beauty in a zip-lock... I was like, "Well, no idea who to give credit to..." 

...fast-forward a few hours: doing some spring cleaning, look what I found!-- a virgin sheet! Credit goes to Marsh Johnson.

Added these 7-year-old 7 Gypsies cards and coated them with a little white Liquitex gesso-- otherwise they faded right into the background. 

Roses at bottom-left are years-old (3?), from a Creative Imaginations packet.

You can hardly see it,  but I added some Dina Wakley Media Tape... definitely a stash item-- I don't use it as often as I ought.

Oh, goodness!  Check out the cracks from the Distress crazing medium, accented with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  "Love" was writ with industrial stencils and black Liquitex gesso. It was outlined with WOS in gold,  and some lovely Good Riddance lyrics were added.

Supplies: Well, I kind of shared the supply list during the process pictures, but I will just add that the tassels were from Michael's-- another dollar-bin stash item.  I just attached them with a few slits, but since this book is still in use,  I removed the tassels for storage.  I'd like to think I'll re-attach them when this book is done... but my memory is terrible.

Hope your memory is better than mine and you don't forget to join us this week at Shopping Our Stash... dig up some roses!  (Pun intended this time!)

For fabulous inspiration, visit the gardens of the SOS team's creative minds!

6 comments:

  1. OK, when I saw the preview snippet I thought you had altered a Rolodex card file. So have you ever and do you have one? I have one I got for free and would love to send it to you if you'd work your magic on it. :) But, back to this fabulous make - WOW! You rocked the roses darling! This is tres chic! I just adore what you've done and how cleverly you combined your rose elements. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! THIS IS AMAZEBALLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation of art! The process must have taken quite a while to complete, but the finished product is amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh beautiful job teammie!!! That's just amazingly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooowwwww
    adorable as can be
    and I love seeing your process too
    love that Black LOVE you did
    so so beautiful....
    Great project Miss Mimi
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is far from my own style, so I highly appreciate the step by step pictures. Getting some aha moments when I get to. see how its being built up. The letters with golden scripture look great atop this mixed media vintage style page!

    ReplyDelete