This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to
use Stickles (or a similar glittery product)
on your creation!
Here is my creation:
|Beach-on-the-brain... my oldest and I are off to Hawaii on Thursday!|
|During the drying... don't you love my Scotch tape? So fab...|
Just so you know... I only have a handful of Stickles. I am always drawn to glitter ("Oooh... sparkles...."), but seldom bust out the glitter, including Stickles. This was a great challenge for me because it certainly got me to bust them out and play with these neglected products!
Supplies and notes:
- 7 Gypsies tag painted with the sponge tip of Distress Paints in Broken China and Chipped Sapphire
- Stickles in Ice Blue and Icicle
- Ranger Liquid Pearls in White Opal and Gold Pearl
- True Hemp twine
- Plumerias are a stamp from Inspired by Stamping, stamped in Ranger Archival in Jet Black then taped down and "Stickled," and left overnight so they would hopefully dry flat-- they did. I fussy-cut them and popped them up with dimensional tape.
- The tiny quote is from a damaged Nancy Drew mystery. I clipped this months ago and looked through my clippings just to find it.
- I added the crown last. It was "Stickled" (Mercury Glass) with another project in mind, but I had an irresistible craft-urge to add it, so I followed my craft-gut! (My husband said it gave it the "Ariel-feel..." love him!)
See you over at SOS for some Stickling good fun!