Use dragons, unicorns, monsters... you get the idea.
This is a great stash-buster because whether you are a fan of mythical creatures or just a craft-hoarder*, you will likely find something in your stash that has escaped capture-- er, uh, use.
Here is my Fantastic Beast creation:
- *I assumed I'd be able to find fantastic beasts in my stash. Uhhh... nope! Geez! I have a skeleton mermaid, but the power was out when I went to emboss her, so... nope. Digging through my stash (frantically now), I found a pack of Colobok diecuts my mom sent me a few years ago... behold: a unicorn! Thanks, Mom! Castle also...
- I made the background (earth and sky) with a combination of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals and Ken Oliver's Color Bursts.
- The castle's windows and drawbridge door were negative spaces, so I filled them with a scrap of Tim Holtz kraft-core metallic paper in gold.
- The scene was matted onto some of Tim's kraft-core metallic paper also, and cut with a seldom-used blade on my paper cutter.
- I drew the banner on watercolor paper with a Micron (new to my stash-- a family friend sent me a pack of Microns for Christmas), then sprayed it with a pink and a blue Tattered Angeled Glimmer Mist